Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Concept Map: Reflection



This week in our IT 365 class, we were required to complete a concept map for our first assignment.  A concept map is considered a visual learning and organizational aid for students, and can come in many forms, such as: circle maps (which is my choice), flow maps, tree maps, etc.  After much thought, I decided that I would use a circle map, and that my project’s topic would be The Solar System. Also, this project is an example of the NETS Standard #2. I attached a photo of my concept map below:





By using the free Kidspiration software program, I was able to create a visually appealing learning tool.  Kidspiration not only had tons of pre-loaded icons that were relevant to my topic, but also allowed me to make my map interactive, meaning some of my subtopics linked to actual websites where students could take their learning experience to a new depth!  Kidspiration is an EXCELLENT tool for any current or future teachers, and I plan on incorporating it into my classroom in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment