Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Introducing Andrea Faye




My name is Andrea Faye. I am 23 years young and I am the proud mother of a precious two year old son named Tanner Gabriel. I graduated in 2009 from Hancock High School, where I then began attending college at Pearl River Community College pursuing a nursing degree.  However, I soon discovered that nursing was not my calling. After jumping around from major to major for awhile, a friend of mine (who happens to be the Assistant Principal of Hancock Middle School) talked me into applying for a substitute teaching job in order to “rule out” teaching. She predicted that I would fall in love with it, and surprisingly, she was correct! I have been a substitute teacher now for two years and I enjoy every second of it.  I feel blessed to have a job that gives me experience with children in the classroom, and hope that it eventually pays off somehow. I have had the opportunity to get experience in every grade level, including special education and behavior modification. From this experience, I have learned that I would prefer teaching middle school, but I am not opposed to elementary school either. All of those events have led up to where I am now, which is pursuing a degree in Elementary Education at University of Southern Mississippi.  In my spare time, I enjoy taking my son on nature walks and just enjoying the outdoors. I am also the proud owner of two very spoiled dogs, both boxers, named Uncle Si and Terra. They keep me on my toes more than my toddler does! All in all, I am looking to have a great semester and I hope that everyone else does as well

No comments:

Post a Comment